March 1, 2011 in Education & Outreach, Hearing Loss & Deafness
We are excited to have so many participants sharing their experiences. Because of the large amount of information, we have changed our format and put the results in a PDF spread sheet.
February 7, 2011 in NVRC Announcements
|NVRC has once again joined the Real Economic Impact Tour’s DeafTax VITA Project to bring free income tax preparation and electronic filing to people who use American Sign Language as their primary language.Deaf and Hard of Hearing tax payers can meet with IRS Certified VITA volunteers through the videophone here at NVRC.Individuals and families who earn $49,000 or less (without business income) are eligible for this service. All tax preparation is by appointment only, and will be available from February 1 to April 19, 2011. There is no cost for this service. What to bring:
- Social Security cards for everyone listed on tax return.
- Two forms of ID for primary taxpayer and spouse (one must be photo ID.)
- Birthdates of all individuals to appear on return.
- All W-2s and 1099s and any other income reporting documents.
- Documentation for all deductions and/or credits claimed, i.e. education credits.
- Documentation supporting a claim to a dependency exemption (for example, Form 8332 or Form 2120)
- Day care provider’s identifying number and receipts (if applicable)
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)
For more information, click here.
To make an appointment, contact NVRC at: