October 19, 2016 in Community Events
Co-sponsored by Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility, Radford University, and Outreach Services, VSDB
- When? – Saturday, November 5, 2016, 9:30am – 2:30pm
- Who? – For students grades 4 through 8 who are deaf/hard of hearing or blind/visually impaired from any school in Virginia. Students are welcome to bring 1 sibling in the same age group.
- What? – A day of science activities and a great opportunity to meet students from other school divisions who are also blind/vi or deaf/hh. Special features: Science Educator, Brita Hampton of Jefferson Lab; Betti Thompson of VA Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing will share info about the Technical Assistance Program (TAP – alerting devices, special telephones, etc. for the home) and Jill Tomlinson of the VA Dept. for the Blind and Vision Impaired will share information regarding DBVI with families, 1:30-2:30!
- Where? – Radford University, Hulbert Building (more commonly referred to as “The Bonnie”), 2nd Floor, Rooms 428, 249, and 250 (also known as the Hulbert Combo)
- How Do We Register? – Complete registration form in Google Forms at: https://goo.gl/forms/pDmL73MfsgkrrRlh2 (you may need to cut and paste this into your browser line) or send paper registration to be received before Monday, October 31, 2016. See registration form for more details.
For more information, please contact Dr. Debbie Pfeiffer, Director of Outreach Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 414-5249. Hope to see you there!