Now is your opportunity to shape the future of TDI!
The TDI Board of Directors is composed of five (5) Regional Representatives and three (3) At-Large members. Board members serve four-year (4-year) terms, with staggered elections for the Regional Representatives being held every two years.
The Midwest and Central Regional Representatives were elected in 2013 to serve until 2017. The Northeast, Southeast and West Regional Representatives are up for re-election this year to serve until 2019.
The Board meets two (2) times in even-numbered years and three (3) times in odd-numbered years. Board meetings are held in various cities around the country and are always open to the public.
The TDI Elections Committee is soliciting nominations for the three TDI Board seats that are up for election in 2015. The three open Board seats are one each for the Northeast, Southeast and West Regions.
- The Northeast Region consists of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- The Southeast Region consists of Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- The West Region consists of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
Regional Board Representatives are elected by TDI members in their region only and serve for approximately a four-year term (exact term length may vary a month or so depending on when TDI conferences are held), this year the new Board members serve their term immediately when this year’s TDI Conference ends on August 22, 2015.
A Board member’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing TDI’s operations to assure programs are run efficiently and effectively,
- Identifying telecommunications and media access needs of persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, late deafened and deaf-blind,
- Developing organizational policies and procedures,
- Evaluating the performance of the TDI Executive Director,
- Promoting TDI programs and services, and
- Communicating TDI’s mission, goals, and interests to its members, other deafness related organizations, governmental agencies, and persons in the general public.
All nominees for Regional Representatives must be current TDI members and must live in the region that they would represent. Individuals may nominate themselves or may nominate others. Nomination forms can be found on the TDI website at: http://bit.ly/1BrtSUQ
If you prefer to fill out the printed form and send it in to us via US Postal mail, you can find and print the form here: http://bit.ly/1HWkmPo
Completed nomination forms may be:
- Printed and mailed to TDI, 8630 Fenton Street, Suite 121, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Printed, scanned and sent via email to Executive.Director@TDIforAccess.org, or
- Submitted using the online form on the TDI website.
All nominations must be postmarked, e-mailed, or submitted online no later than May 15, 2015.
The TDI Elections Committee will contact nominees, verify their willingness to serve, and obtain a brief statement of experience and goals. The TDI Elections Committee will then select one or more final candidates from the nominees in each TDI electoral region whose Regional Representative’s term on the Board is ending. The ballots will be mailed out on or before June 18, 2015, and election results will be announced to the TDI membership at the business meeting during the TDI Biennial Conference in Baltimore, Maryland in August 22, 2015.
Please send your nominations to TDI real soon!