Walk4Hearing Information-3 Days to Go!
THREE DAYS FROM NOW!
It’s not too late to join Cheryl, Maureen, Ron, Noel, Sarah, Fred and others on Team NVRC. Funds raised will help support the programs of Hearing Loss Association of America, and 40% will go to support NVRC’s programs. Our goal is to raise $2,000 and we need to raise $905 more. You can support us even if you won’t be making the walk of 5k (3.1 miles) around the lovely Tidal Basin in West Potomac Park, Washington, D.C.
Quick tips for Walk Day:
- Don’t forget daylight savings time ends; turn back your clock on Saturday night before bed so you don’t miss the start time.
- Arrive early enough to have a pre-Walk snack. Stop by the HLAA table and learn more about this wonderful organization. Visit the walk face painter, magician, caricature artist, balloon artist and juggler.
- Registration begins promptly at 10 am. The walk begins at 11 am under the colorful arch. If you have pre-registered online for Team NVRC, go to the registration area to check-in. You can hand in any cash/check donations there.
- If you haven’t registered online, head to the registration area to complete the registration form and sign the waiver.
- All walkers who have raised $100 or more will receive a ticket at the registration table to pick up an official Walk4Hearing t-shirt. Don’t forget to bring some cash if you’d like a Walk4Hearing purple hat. The cost is $8.
- If you are using Metro, check for weekend Metro maintenance work at http://www.wmata.com/rail/trackwork.cfm. Smithsonian Station is the closest stop to the walk’s registration area. Remember to exit toward “The Mall” from the station.
- If you are driving, you will be able to find ample parking along Ohio Drive. Here’s a map of the walk site with walking directions and parking: http://hlaa.convio.net/site/DocServer/DC_Walk_Map_Directions2.pdf?docID=841
- Bring your smart phone with you. There are pre-walk speeches that will stream CART to all smart phones – iPhone, BlackBerry or Droid.
- Stay to enjoy free pizza after the walk!
- The weather report is calling for sun and temperatures in the high 50s. Be sure to dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes. The walk route is stroller and wagon friendly.
Learn more about the Walk4Hearing and see a video: http://hlaa.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=video_and_info
To join Team NVRC, go to our Walk web page at http://bit.ly/UE7U2j.
© Copyright 2012 by Northern Virginia Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Persons (NVRC), 3951 Pender Drive, Suite 130, Fairfax, VA 22030; www.nvrc.org; 703-352-9055 V, 703-352-9056 TTY, 703-352-9058 Fax. Items in this newsletter are provided for information purposes only; NVRC does not endorse products or services. You do not need permission to share this information, but please be sure to credit NVRC. This news service is free of charge, but donations are greatly appreciated. To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address, or report problems, contact email@example.com